1. You must open/vent your windows in your house. How to use your rolladens put your rolladens down on the side of house where the sun is hitting venting the windows, and keep rolladens up that are shaded open is possible if not vented, most of all wake up open the house sucking in all the cool morning air, and again later at night when the sun goes down. Blow out the hot air, once it starts to cool down I turn one fan to blow out the hot air and have one fan to suck in cool air. Close all rooms not being used.
***Please keep in mind safety for windows on the group floor***
2. If you have ceiling fans during the summer you want the fan to blow air straight down, so your ceiling fan needs to run in a counter clockwise direction. Remember heat rises and we want to move that heat out of the house.
*** Clean fan save energy, blow more are air and cut down on allegories.***
3. Change out the light bulbs switch to CFLs, or compact fluorescent lamps, this is it. Incandescent bulbs waste about 90 percent of their energy in the heat they emit and turn off all lights when possible use the sun as you light. This not only helps keep your home cooler but also save one your bills. If you ever needed motivation to make the
*** Check with your base housing self-help stores have these bulbs. ***
4. Only use the stove/oven in the early morning hours or later in the evening when the house is cooler.
*** Dust off the crock post and brush up on your grilling skills. ****
5. Don’t use the dryer, hanging your cloths to dry not only saves on your bills but also keeps the temperature down in your home. ***Remember to vacuum your drier vent, wash the dryer lint screen and clean behind both washer and dry. This not only cuts down on rise of fires but also save money when using your drier. ***
8. Make sure your heat it off in your home. Turn down your radiators to the little flake, if you have heated floors make sure it is off and turn off timer. *** If you are not sure how to shut off your heated floors ask your landlord or local neighbors***
6. Us dishwasher only at night if possible. *** Turn off the auto dry and open your dishwasher up to air dry. This not only save you heating up your house but can save on your eclectic bill. ***
7. Change your bedding, use light weight sheets. Use cold bottles and place them under the sheets before you get in. Go straight to the source, and put a cool-inducing Chillow under your head while you sleep. For feet, fill a hot water bottle and put it in the freezer before placing at the foot of your bed. ***This may sounds strange, but slightly dampening your sheets before bedtime will majorly help you chill out.***
8. Unplug any electrical devices microwave, tv, pc, phone carders and others not being used they do give off heat. *** This not only help keep your home cooler but also cuts back on your bills. ***
If you have some tips that I have not listed that works for you please add them in the comments or email them to email@example.com so I can add them to our list.